Thursday, May 3, 2007

Geez! Where has the week gone??

Seriously.... I've been trying to figure out what's been going on. Oh, I know. I've been struck with a major migraine that's been kicking my butt for almost 3 days now. And I'm done. Completely over it! I took 1/2 of my last hydrocodone pill(thanks to Dr. P in GA) last night and completely knocked myself out. Then, I woke up at 6am and the darn migraine is still plaguing me. So, I took a handful (read: 2) of Excederin Migraine and now I'm blogging because the caffeine has made going back to sleep impossible!


Thank God, if necessary, I still have 1/2 of the pill left for tonight.


So, here's what's going on in my world....


I've spent all week trying to find some doctors, specifically a ob/gyn and an internal medicine doctor. I have to see the internal med doctor in the next week or so to get my blood pressure medicine refilled. But get this.....every place I called they say they can't see me until August. And for the ob/gyn not until DECEMBER!!!! Can you believe that?!?! I finally got so frustrated I called the insurance and told them I needed help. I finally found someone to see next week, but I'm real scared that he's a quack since everyone else is so booked up. Just why is this doctor free enough to fit me in???????? Dang it. I hate worrying about this..... So, I guess we'll see what happens.


I've also spent the week looking for a babysitter. We have to go to Kansas City for an Associated Press Luncheon. Well, Ike HAS to go. My ticket has been paid for by Ike's company. We feel bad if I don't go and the money for my ticket is wasted. Out of desperation I've taken matters into my own hands. So, I tried to think....how can I possibly find a responsible babysitter for my children? Well, I think that most of my babysitting jobs growing up came from people I went to church with. So, I called the minister at my local Christian church. I told him what I needed and asked if he could put me in touch with a responsible high school or college girl who babysits. He told me he had someone in mind...and he'd get back to me. Well, 30 minutes later....I met a delightful high school junior....and I have a babysitter! She's coming this afternoon for a "meet and greet." So, let's hope it all goes well. If it doesn't, well, I've done all I can and I'll just stay home on Saturday while Ike goes to Kansas City.


But, I really hope it works out. Because I'm planning some surprises for Saturday night, for Ike's b-day this weekend. And I'm still stumped as to what to get him... argh!


So, now we have 4 eggs in the nest.... (see this post if you have no clue what I'm talking about...) It's possible she could lay a 5th or 6th, but fairly unlikely. So, in about 12-14 days...we'll have a gaggle of baby birds squawking up a storm and likely driving me nuts!! (yes....I've been doing some research....)


And the mama, WOWZA, is she a freak!


Last night, I was cooking steaks on the grill for dinner. And she hates it everytime we come out the back door. (umm...excuse me for living at our home....) When we come out, she leaves the nest and flys to the tree about 30 feet away. And SCREAMS her little beak off! She is extremely protective over these eggs. So, while I was cooking, she got so insane, she actually dive bombed me! Meaning flew at me, towards my head...trying to scare me away! Yea, okay, nutty bird. In case you didn't notice...I'm a zillion times bigger than you! Duh! If you didn't like us using our deck...then maybe you should build your nest somewhere else!!! It's not like we haven't been out there nearly every single day for the past 5 or 6 weeks!!!


Not only that, but this is the 1st "clutch," which means her first offspring of the season. She will raise these babies and in about a month when these babies are out of the nest, she may return to this same nest to have her 2nd clutch of babies for the season. So, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Talk about a lesson in nature.


Interestingly, there has been no sign of the "daddy" bird. So, that's odd. Usually, the daddy helps guard the nest and helps bring food to the momma while she sits on the nest. But, again, no sign of him. Do we have a "single" mom? Hmm... it kinda looks that way.


I hope to get some pics for you very soon. Just hope the mom doesn't peck my camera.....or she's dead meat! Bottom line, I will give her a chance....unless she crosses me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every year my parents get a nest in a hanging basket they place on the porch. By porch I mean, the front door. Every time we would go in or out of the house the psycho bird would come at you and dive bomb exactly how you describe. To counter the problem, my dad would move the hanging basket, once the eggs had hatched. It's mean because the bird most likely won't reuse the nest, though once she did, but it is better than risking the kids eyeballs getting pecked out of their heads.

FlipFlop Mom said...

I'm sorry about the Migraine.. I'm a suffer too... You know another true sufferer ( is that a word.. lol lol) when they say it's day 3 of a migraine...!! :( I feel for ya.. I really do.. been getting those since I was 11!!

Congrats on the babysitter.. woo hoo!!! I ALWAYS had trouble finding babysitters!! UGH..

Oh the bird.. oh my.. oh my!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of this nasty girl!!! LOL LOL

Anonymous said...

You know your migrains won't go away till you start taking your blood pressure medicine!!! Girl, don't make me kick you butt back to GA so I can be your nurse again. Go see the quack and make an appointment to see a reputalbe doc in August. You know what meds you need to be on!! Enjoy the 1/2 Hydrocodone.
Did you close on the house yet?
Hope everything works out with the Baby Sitter and the chicks.

HUGS!!

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Stacy....girl, you know I take that blood pressure med every single day! I'm a good girl!

My Art

Labels

Followers