Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Well, I got the job....yesterday....

...I just wish I was more enthusiastic about it.

Clearly, in the beginning, I was excited about the job. Just read my prior post.

Honestly, I fully intended to get a job there, I knew I could. But everyone that works there now has said over and over that there were no jobs available. So, I really didn't think they'd be calling any time soon!

I think my stress is because I just wasn't totally ready to do it now. I am still trying to unpack and trying to get settled in. I don't even have my scrapbook room set up.

And now, I have to go furniture shopping again.....but that's another story....

Anyway, I am really struggling with the expectations the store has for me. They "created" (their words) a position for me, but it involves working nearly every Saturday. Normally, it would be fine, but at this point in time, it's I think it just might be too much....

So, do I rise to the occasion and just "do what I do" or do I tell them the truth about who overwhelmed I am feeling about everything?! I have no doubt that I can do the job and make them happy.....but right now, my heart's just not in it.

If I don't take the job now....I may not be offered the job again later. Something to consider...

Plus, I am still "mourning" my job in Savannah....my old boss....the best co-workers, ever! I'm afraid that no matter what good things they offer me here, it will never be "enough." They are never going to be Savannah Scrapbooking and I'm afraid I'll never fit in with them.

If you were me......what would you do?! All advice appreciated.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should take the job and see how it goes. You might enjoy getting away from all your other stress from the rest of the week. Plus like Jamie said, I am sure you will make some wonderful friends.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the job! I ditto the other two. I would take the job. I think it's THE best way for you meet friends! Hello..same interests! Just do it! And have fun!

Amber Winward said...

take the job and try it out. and if i have to- i'll send you a pair of nice panties and make you wear ONLY those to the store if you don't! :)-

Anonymous said...

I agree...take the job. Lots of posibilites and the rest of your life will settle down at some point. Then you will have that as your source of escape and fun and money and all that other good stuff!!!

My Art

Labels

Followers