Saturday, April 21, 2007

So sad......

My neighbor told me last night that she told her husband of 17 years to get out. He's a liar and a philanderer and it's not the first time he's done it. I barely know her, but she just spilled it all out to me as we sat on the sidewalk last night.



My heart just breaks for her. They have 3 children, ages 17, 13 and 5. But, you know, I don't blame her. She should not put up with that. His infidelity makes him a sleezebag in my eyes and I'm sure she's better off without him.



But that doesn't mean it's easy.



She's clearly scared. She's in so much pain. I feel so bad for her.



Ike and I have been married for almost 15 years. So, 17 isn't far away for us. I can't imagine how I would feel if I were in her shoes. Just thinking about it almost makes me sick to my stomach. However, I've never once worried that Ike would cheat on me. He just wouldn't. He's not that kind of guy. I'm lucky to have that kind of security in my marriage.



The whole situation brought to mind Carrie Underwoods song "Wasted." Here are the lyrics to the first verse and the chorus: (I'd post a link to hear it, but I can't figure out how to do it!)



Standing at the back door
She tried to make it fast
One tear hit the hard wood
It fell like broken glass.
She said sometimes love slips away
And you just can't get it back
Let's face it.
For one split second
She almost turned around
But that would be like pouring rain drops
Back into a cloud
So she took another step and said
I see the way out and I'm gonna' take it.
I don't wanna' spend my life jaded
Waiting to wake up one day and find
That I've let all these years go by
Wasted

Ever since I first heard this song, it brings out strong emotion in me. It is something about the emotion in Carrie's voice and the sentiment of the words. It's a sad song. It seems that we all have to remember not to let the years go by "wasted" and look back with regret. And in my neighbors case, I'm glad she's found the strength within herself to "fight back," to stand up for herself and say NO, what you did is not ok and I won't take it anymore! Good for her!!!



So, what do you do in a situation like this? Well, I'm of the opinion that Chocolate helps, so I think I will make a basket overflowing w/chocolate and other goodies for her. Don't you think that will cheer her up? I do. I have to do something......


So anyway......

I'm not really a huge country music fan, but I love Carrie Underwood's CD, Some Hearts. The whole CD is really good. I've been a fan of Carrie's since American Idol (you've gotta support your home state girl!!) She even graduated from the same college as Ike and I. She is really talented.

Anyway, look up Carrie's song Wasted, download it and listen to it.....and then, throw up a prayer for my neighbor....she's gonna need them!!!!

2 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

You're a great neighbor!!!! That is so sweet of you... hubby and I will be celebrating 13 years of marriage soon and 15 being together.. it goes by so fast!!! She's gonna need extra strength for her kiddos as well.... they're so innocent in this !!!

Anonymous said...

She is so lucky to have you for a neighbor......snif snif.....I wish you were still mine.
I hope she can see a good lawyer and find the light at the end of that long tunnel.

My Art

Labels

Followers