Sunday, March 9, 2008

Some St. Patrick's Day fun schtuff!!!!!!

You know....St. Patrick's Day is sneaking right up on us, so here are a couple of little things to get you in the mood!!



First up is this card.
I'm sorry, but I love how this card turned out and I'm gonna take a minute to show myself some love!!! I started out with 3 shades of WorldWin ColorMates cardstock. Added some white and pulled out my WestTrim green wire to play with. I have always loved writing with wire!!! For me, it's fun! The longest word I ever attempted was "Responsibility" and it turned out great! (hmm...I may have to find that page in Logan's album and photograph it to put up on the blog!! But, I digress....)


Anyway, making that shamrock (or is it a clover? and what's the difference, anyway?! I guess it's a clover, because it's a 4-leaf clover...... But, then, what is a shamrock?!)


Making that shamrock, was much harder than any word I've written with wire. It was a bit tricky to get it to look right between the leaves and the center...but I was finally able to get it to the way I liked it, albeit it took me two tries!! I added the Making Memories, Me.


Simple and coordinated....just the way I like it! :)



The second thing I made was a variation of what I did 2 years ago. I made a zillion of a treat bag similar to this and used Andes mints (for their spectacular green wrappers) and handed these out to teachers, friends, and our pediatrician and his office workers! They loved them!!! And I loved them, too!

Try throwing together some of these treat bags!

They are fun and YUMMY!!!! (and easy!)


10 comments:

Kerry McKibbins said...

Hey you!
I love that wire card! So cute!

Tam said...

Speaking of your Ped. KS said to tell YOU HI. P was sick and our Ped was not IN...so guess who WE Scored?? Yeppers YOUR Man!!! I told him that I had met him a long time ago once...and guess what? He remember me and my boys! AT M's Party! He Rocks!

OK everything is great and you are so super creative!!!!!!!!!! When I hit the lottery....we will open up something crafty..lol

Anonymous said...

Love Your Card!! Happy St. Patricks Day!!
I think I'll copy your little goodie bag idea if you don't mind! So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Dern girl, that wire lettering looks like it took some serious PATIENCE! I'm not sure I could do it, but it sure looks cool! ;)

Kara said...

i love, love, love that andes mint idea!!
if we were in school on the 17th i would do this! :]

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh... cute cards.. you did a GREAT job on them!! Love the Ande's candies too.. one of my favorite candies... mmmmmm...

Tam said...

Hello My daily check to let you know I lurked! I know how you hate for lurkers not to leave you at least a hello!

Unknown said...

i'm swiping that treat bag idea!

that is if i dont eat all the andes mints.

Tam said...

Hello my daily stop by your blog! OOO girl you are so creative that it inspires me to be creative in my mind...everyday I go to bed thinking tomorrow I have a plan to etch time out to go work on something just for me...it never happens lol O yeah and that letter wiring...How long did it take to make words????? Amazing

Anonymous said...

Hey Rox! You must be busy...you haven't posted in 3 days. I miss reading your news.

My Art

Labels

Followers