Sunday, January 27, 2008

Holy crap, have I really not updated since WEDNESDAY?!?!?!

I suck!


I think I kept thinking I would do it....but I just never did. I hate it when that happens!


But, in my defense, I've had a bunch of stuff going on. (when do I not?)
I'm the mother of 4, it's always going to be that way!!


So, the weekend started out with a downer. Jensen's mouse, Bella, died on Friday afternoon. It's was so heartbreaking. I tried to comfort him and I knew I would soon be making another cross out of sticks and some grass to tie it together.

I was going to blog about it, but Big Daddy beat me to it. His post is sweet...so instead of doing it, too....so I'll post his post about it:

"It started with a phone call on Friday afternoon from my wife. "Ike, there's a problem... Bella is dead."

You see Bella was one of the non-human members of our family. He was a mouse. But not just any mouse, a very special mouse.
The story of Bella began in August of 2007 when one of our sons, Jensen, decided he wanted a pet mouse. So I took him to the pet store and let him pick out a cage, accessories and one little white (cute) mouse. While we were there he found out that the store would be holding a critter race for all small animals and Jensen was bound and determined he was going to enter Bella in the race.
Two weekends later we went back to the store with Bella the mouse, a little plastic ball and boy who wanted to win. Bella took second place and Jensen was happy. In the days, weeks and months later Jensen loved that mouse. He kept Bella's ribbon tied to the outside of his cage to show the world what kind of winner Bella was.
And then the call came yesterday. Jensen was devastated.
He sat on the sofa in our living room holding his award winning mouse, sobbing, until his mother finally told him Bella needed to be boxed up.
We held the funeral today. A simple hole in the backyard, two sticks tied together to form a cross and a little boy who was crushed."


Poor Jensen.

Well, we went out on Saturday and eventually ended up at the pet store. As we were wandering about we saw two of the cutest little hamsters we've ever seen. They are called Robovarski Hamsters. They are stinkin' hyper. They run all the time. It's hilarious!

And he's happy....and really, isn't that all that matters??

2 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

I'm soooo sorry for his loss :(.. One of the hardest parts of parenting.. explaining or dealing with a loss of a pet... BTDT!!!

The story was written so sweetly.. I felt I was sitting there with you all!!!! You're such GREAT parents!!!

Tam said...

OOOOO poor Jensen....I know how attached he gets to his furry little friends!!! Poor Little guy!

Rox do you still have the CAT??? How is that going and plus if you don't I can send you one, two or maybe four!!!! Just kidding I love my kitties!!!!

hug J for me and tell him I want to see him do a layout of his new Hamster!!!!!

My Art

Labels

Followers